(let me tell you, some of the things she was saying sounded WAY GROWN UP for a 6 year old. I just sat there in complete awe and amazement of her).
I had tears streaming down my face most of the time, such tears of joy, let me tell you. I told her that the angels in heaven were singing the most beautiful praises she could ever even imagine. She was so excited knowing that they were singing because she accepted Jesus.
She took it a step further when she said that she really wants to get baptized and to show Jesus she is ready to live for Him. She wants me, Daddy, Micah, Gianna, Nonna, Papa, Grandma, and Grandpa to be there. She wants me to talk to the Pastor to see if he thinks she's ready and she will understand if he says no, but she feels ready and really wants to do it.
So many years of praying when I didn't have a child, when I would just dream of what it was like to be a mom, to years of praying for her since she's been born and all of my prayers have been answered in that single, isolated moment.
My only regret is Jim wasn't there to experience such an amazing moment, but I'll cherish it for the both of us forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment