Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Musings with Mini Molnars (Volume 1, Part 2)

February 4, 2020
(Briella, Gianna, and Micah were playing "act out the book" and it was a wedding scene)
Briella: "Gianna, do you take this man to be your awful πŸ˜† wedded husband?"
"Micah, do you take this woman to be your awful wedding wife?"
{Papa video taped her saying it a week later}

February 12, 2020
(Micah walks downstairs from sleeping)
Me: "Good morning" [while giving him hugs]
"Did you sleep good?"
Micah: "Yes."
Me: "Did you have any dreams?"
Micah. "Yes, but they were about nothing."

February 17, 2020
{Gianna was given the task to help make her own breakfast toast. Micah was at the table playing a educational computer game}
Me: "Your toast is going to be done soon."
Gianna: "I know. I'm just going to go watch Micah while I wait for it to boom."
Me: πŸ€”πŸ€£

February 17, 2020
(it was an unusually warm Feb day so the kids were outside playing in the driveway and I was sitting on a chair watching).
Briella: {walking away from Gianna and Micah playing a ball game that she created}
"Mom, there. I got them having fun playing together. Now you can take a break and don't have to parent."
Me: πŸ€”πŸ€£ "Thank you so much! And, just so you know, until you're all grown, I'll always have to parent.

February 18, 2020
Backstory: (Micah and Gianna have not been getting along at all lately, but Briella has been wonderfully patient and minding her own business during all of their nonsense so I wanted to "reward" her so they unknowingly went to bed early and she got to stay up late with me--until 8:30--on a school night watching Little House on the Prairie (episode: Bully Boys). As to not let on to Gianna to hear us downstairs, I had Briella watch it with me in our bedroom.)

Briella: "I can see that's your side (pointing toward me) and this is Daddy's side."
Me: "Yes, you're right."
Briella: "You know how else I can tell this is Daddy's side?"
Me: "How?"
Briella: "By the way it smells."
Me: "Oh, yeah, does it smell like his cologne?"
Briella: {making a disgusted face and shaking her head} "No. It smells like his farts."
Me: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

And after watching Little House on the Prairie, she said a prayer in her bed with me.
(I don't remember all of what she said, but this part stuck out)
"And Lord thank you for Mommy. She really is the best Mommy to us and she tries so hard when Micah and Gianna are acting crazy. Thank you that she doesn't go Charles Ingalls on us when she gets mad." 🀦🀣

February 22, 2020
{after coming inside from playing from a balmy 45 degree winter's day}
Micah: "Why does Daddy shoot guns every day?" {he doesn't shoot guns every day--🀭}
Me: "That's a great question to ask him, but I know it's because he thinks it's fun."
Gianna: "Well, it's because he's trying to practice to keep us safe from bears, coyotes, and (Micah interrupts)
Micah: "CROCODILES!"
Briella: "And people who might break into our house."

February 22, 2020
Briella came down with fever as the day went on and when we looked in her mouth around dinnertime, we saw the strep throat white spots.
(sitting in the Children's Hospital Urgent Care waiting room)

I brought her many safe ‘goodies’ to eat while we waited and she says, “This is why I asked you to bring me, Mom. You know all the right angles.” 
🀣🀫 Angles, huh? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

February 23, 2020
Right after taking a shower Gianna was looking in the mirror.
Gianna: "I see it! I see it! I see the white strike (stripe) in my hair"

March 10, 2020
{in Micah's bed putting him to sleep he has an epiphany}
Micah: "Oh no! We haven't done our Bible Study in a long time. Almost a million years."
Me: "A million years? Goodness, that is a long time. (it's actually only been a few days.)
then the next morning: March 11, 2020
Micah: "Mommy! Briella said, 'Oh, dang it.' last year today.
Me: "You mean, yesterday?"
Micah: "Oh yeah, I mean, yesterday.

March 10, 2020
I offered the kids cake as an after school snack and they all eagerly and exciting said, "YES!" but Micah took it to a funny and very cute level.
Micah: {running into the kitchen looking around for the cake}
"I'm yum-ming for some cake!"

March 13, 2020
(sitting at the dinner table together and no reason whatsoever for this prompting in the topic)
Gianna: "Mommy doesn't poop." "Why doesn't Mommy poop?"

March 17, 2020
(while Micah was praying)
Micah: "And Mommy's smile lights up my soul." πŸ₯°πŸ’•πŸ’ž
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Micah to Jim: "Daddy, when you die, I'm going to go live far away."
Jim: "Where's 'far away'?
Micah: {pointing up}: With Santa

March 26, 2020
{while all of us were sitting around the table eating dinner.}
Gianna: "Did you know that we have eggs in our tummies so we can have babies?"
Me: "Yes, but how did YOU know that?"
(but before she could answer my question)
Gianna: "But, don't worry, they aren't the kind of eggs with shells."

March 31, 2020
(Imagine Micah & Gianna in their very serious singing voices)...
🎢🎡"Electrocute, Electrocute, Electrocute..." 🎢🎡
"Mommy, can you play that song you used to listen to as a little girl? You know, 'Electrocute'?"
Me: Electric Youth? (by Debbie Gibson)
Them: Yes, ELECTROCUTE! 
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
They keep me laughing, that's for sure.

April 1, 2020
(while watching Micah's birth movie that I made)
Gianna: "Wait! What? He wasn't cut out of your stomach? How did he come out then?!"
Me: "Well, you know the hole you pee out of, from down there."
Gianna: (squealing in disbelief and pretend pain while grabbing onto her body.)
"Ooooowwww. Nooooo way. NOOOOO way am I having a baby come out of my peeper."

April 6, 2020

{Gianna clutching her cheek}
Gianna: (shrieking) "MY CHEEK HURTS! MY CHEEK HURTS!
Me: {peeling her hand away from her cheek} "Let me see"
Gianna: "It's not on the outside. It's on the inside."
Me: "Okay, open your mouth and let me see."
(I look inside and there's evidence that she bit the inside of her cheek)
"You bit your cheek. It will be better by tomorrow."
Gianna: "BUT I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT IF MY CHEEK IS HURTING!"

April 7, 2020

Me: "Happy birthday, Micah! I love you. Did you have a nice day?"
Micah: Yes!...(starting to release from my hug and rushing away) "I have to go poop!"

***I want to note that today Micah turned 4 and he says the word: Favorite as "FLAVorite".


April 8, 2020

Gianna says "Deputy" as DECK-uty

April 10, 2020

(While reading about Good Friday from Matthew)
Me: Gianna, what day is today?
Gianna: silence
Me: Gggg, Gooo, Goooood
Gianna: "Good medicine!"
Me, Jim, Briella: (laughing): "No. Good _____"
Gianna: Good Tuesday!
Me & Jim: (now a little annoyed) Gianna, we've said it numerous times. What is today?
Gianna: Happy Tuesday
Me: 🏳🏳🏳

**addendum to that Bible time later time in our day** We were talking about Jerusalem and Gianna said it back as JerusaHAM. 🀣

April 17, 2020
(We all were sitting around the table enjoying evening snack time together. Topic of conversation was, "If I had 3 wishes." Both of the girls wished to take away my Mast Cell Disease so I replied.)
Me: The Lord isn't a genie and we don't wish for things from him or ask for unnecessary things, but we can pray for things that only He can help fix. 
Gianna: {very, very deep in thought for about 10 seconds} excitedly blurts out: "I want to pray! Can I pray? Right now?
Me, Jim: "Yes, of course."
Gianna: {says a deeply emotional prayer even saying phrases such as "From the depths of my heart." in regards to my healing.}
Me & Jim: (gushing over the sincerity and genuineness of her prayer)
Briella: scowl face (for not thinking to do it)
********later that evening******
Jim: Briella, can you please say our bedtime prayer?
Briella: (says a lovely bedtime prayer)
Jim: Thank you sooo much, Briella. That was just beautiful...etc.
Briella: I know you didn't mean that and you are just faking that compliment. 
Jim: No, I didn't. It's true. Why do you say that?
Briella: Because there was a different tone in your voice


April 19, 2020
(Gianna was up early with me so she shared in my devotional time of reading from Colossians 4)
Me: reading aloud: "Fathers, do not embitter your children so that they do not become discouraged." Gianna, this verse is a reminder that even God gives directions to parents on how
Gianna (interrupts) "To obey the laws of the road."
Me: Um, well...??

April 23, 2020
{Micah smelling a candle}
Micah: MMMmmmm! Mommy, smell this! Doesn't it smell soooooo good?!
Me: Yes, so yummy.
Micah: The candle's recipe is pumpkin.
Me: πŸ˜†

April 23, 2020
First off, Briella, I absolutely adore you. You are such a lover, a talker, so inquisitive, but oh so very repetitive and obsessive oftentimes. Just this morning alone you have been asking "Captain Obvious" questions. These are not exaggerating whatsoever: 
1. {Daddy and Micah were outside on the back porch}. You starring at them, but asking me: "Mommy, are Daddy and Micah on the back porch?" πŸ€”
2. {me pouring fish oil that says in bold letters: FISH OIL on the side of the bottle} "Is that Fish Oil?" 
3. {me carrying a bag of flour from the counter to the pantry) "Is that flour?"
4. {me actively working out in workout clothes} "Are those your workout clothes?


April 27, 2020
[Gianna doing a workout with me]
Gianna: What is that noise in your legs?
Me: That's my old lady knees crackling.
Gianna: I want my knees to sound like that too!

May 9, 2020
I shut off Gianna's lights for bedtime and she says, “I’m going to count to 30–just like you tell me to do—so my eyes can digest.” (Adjust). πŸ˜†πŸ˜

May 10, 2020
(paraphrased after Jim told me)
{Daddy in Gianna's room saying his goodnight's to her. Reviewing why she put her underwear in the toilet πŸ€¦πŸ™„}
Daddy: "Is there something you want to talk to me about?"
Gianna: 'Yes"
Daddy: "What is it?"
Gianna" "You yell at me a lot. I don't like it. It makes me want to turn 16, get my license, drive to Papa and Nonna's house, and live with them."

May 11, 2020
{Driving away from Jim eating at Swenson's and girls were gawking at the teenage boys running back and forth to the cars}.
Mommy: "That's my man! You can't have my man (joking that the ladies in the car next to us were gawking at Jim running back to the car after throwing away the trash because the girls were gawking at the teenage boys.}
Briella: "Yes, go back and tell them that your daughter wants their son to take her to a nice restaurant meal for some heartfelt conversation." 🀣 ? ﹖︖

June 1, 2020
Micah loves olives and requests them often except he and Gianna call them "Olimes"

June 11, 2020
Gianna: "I'm doing what I said I would do." Me: "Yes, you are and that builds my trust in you." Gianna {excitedly}: "Does that mean I can stay home all by myself next time you go to the store?!"
Micah {singing}: "🎀🎢 "A-E-I-O-U, A-E-I-O-U!🎀🎢" Me: "What are those letters called?" Micah: "OWLS!"

Briella {as I'm prepping lunch} "Can we have a casserole for dinner?" Me: {shocked}: "A casserole?! Do you even know what a casserole is?" Briella: "No, but it sounds good... What age would you say is your favorite time of your life? What's your favorite number? If you were my age, would you have rather had a penny or a stuffed animal? Oh, and one more thing, how does a woman's body sense when it's time to have a baby?"
Me [gulp]:   πŸ˜³



June 16, 2020
(in the car driving to go hang out with Nonna for the day)
{me singing to Carrie Underwood "What I never knew I always wanted."
Briella: Mom, your voice is so much prettier than hers
Me: Oh, Briella, it definitely isn't, but you are so very sweet and I appreciate it.
Briella: No, Mom, really it is...and it's especially better than that Dagle lady.
Me: Lauren Daigle
Briella: Yes, her voice isn't good at all. 🀦

June 23, 2020
{laying with Micah for bedtime in his bedroom}
Me: (saying goodnight "things"
Micah: [out of left field] "I'm going to miss you when you die, Mommy. I'll love you forever when you die."
Me: Hopefully I don't die soon so you don't have to miss me just yet.

June 25, 2020
[Jim on a trip, Micah crawls into his side of the bed at 6:35am 😴]
Me: Hi Micah, good morning.
Micah: [snuggles in super close to my face, nose-to-nose]
"Mommy, I'm going to marry you someday."
Me: Tha's sweet. Why do you want to marry me?
Micah: Because you're beuuuuuutiful."
Me: Awwwww

June 29, 2020 (Papa's 60th birthday)
[after bedtime prayer regarding kids' behavior in the car ride home from papa's birthday meal at PF Changs].
Micah: That was a beuuuuuuutiful prayer, Mommy. You used all the wawds (words)."

July 9, 2020
Briella: "It reminds me of the bad guys in the war. The, the Snotzi's?"

July 10, 2020
{bedtime prayer time}
Micah: "I love Mommy so very much. She sparkles up my heart."

July 17, 2020
(while we were on vacation at Mountain Majesty while swimming in the cabin pool)
Gianna had just jumped on Briella's head (on accident) in the pool. Gianna felt terrible, Briella was crying. They went on to swim, but Briella was apparently giving her glares and stares.

Gianna: "Briella stop instigating me! Mom, Briella keeps instigating me."

July 21, 2020
[Gianna and I playing animal hospital]
Gianna to me: "Your kitty needs to eat and drink. What does your kitty like to eat?
Me: Bread.
Gianna: I have chocolate bread (rye 🀣) or white bread."

July 23, 2020
[in the midst of a conversation with the girls about returning to school during the mask mandate due to COVID-19]
Briella: "Mom, I just want you to homeschool me because I don't want to be treated like a germ."

July 26, 2020
Briella: "Mom, I really like your braids (I had double braided my hair). You look like you're 16. [I gave her the 🀨 face and she immediately says, "Definitely not a day over 18." 🀦

July 27, 2020
[sitting at the table eating lunch and the sky was beautiful]
Me: Those clouds are so beautiful, they look like marshamallows.
Micah: Mmmmm, marshmallows.
I know. When we go to heaven, God will give us spoons so we can eat them. πŸ’–πŸ’™πŸ’Ÿ

August 3, 2020
[Gianna was doing a Barre3 workout with me and instructor was repeating the exercise sequence]

Gianna: Oh, it's a re-go (I think she meant to say repeat) exercise.

August 8, 2020
{my apologies to Micah in advance for this one as it will embarrass you when you're older}

[He was on the toilet in his bedroom bathroom and I was getting his toothbrush prepped for bedtime brushing. I was wearing a tank top because it was an 85 degree day and we had just finished taking a long bike ride earlier].
Micah: "Mommy, your boobies are blossoming."
Me: "What?!" (and insert hysterical laughing)

August 10, 2020
{Briella asked me what my favorite season was and it got us all conversating}
Micah: "I can't wait to go 'snowing' (sledding) down the hill. We can't forget to bring our sleds."

August 22, 2020

“Hey, wait. I have a question. Why does Mommy never fart? What is her secret to not farting?”


“Hey Mom, when a mother stops feeding her baby, why don’t her boobies fall off? Are you glad your boobies didn’t fall off? Oh, and do you wash your boobies when you take a shower?”


August 27, 2020

[again she brings this subject up in the same week]

Briella to me: "Mom, how can you not fart?" No, seriously, tell me your secrets!" πŸ€£πŸ˜†


September 16, 2020

{Gianna and I were doing a history lesson on the Tower of Babel and it was time for review questions}

Me: "Gianna, Did they finish building the Tower of Babel? 

Gianna: No. 

Me: Why not? 

Gianna: Because God kept speaking Spanish to them." 


September 29, 2020

Micah: “My popper is getting big.”

Me: “Why?” 

Micah: “I don’t know? I’m not touching it. But I feel it’s getting biiiiiig!”

🀦🏻‍♀️🀦🏻‍♀️🀦🏻‍♀️


October 8, 2020

Gianna: Why does Daddy sleep in Micah's teeny bed?

Me: "He doesn't sleep in Micah's bed, and it's not teeny--it's a Queen bed. Mommy's and Daddy's is a King bed.

Gianna: "A queen bed? A king bed? Well, wait, why isn't his a prince bed? Briella has a princess bed so I want a queen bed. 


October 8, 2020

Micah: 'I wish God didn't have to die. I want Him to be here with me."


****5 minutes later****

Micah: "Do those boys (friends we would be meeting up with) have poppers? [the word Jim uses to identify his boy part.].

Me: "Yes, all boys have poppers. That's what makes them a boy."

Micah: Do boys with poppers poop?

Me: Yes, all humans poop. Babies, boys, girls, grown ups--everyone poops!

Micah: Not you, Mommy. You don't poop. I've never seen you poop. 

Me: I do. I just shut the door and don't talk about it.

Micah: No, you don't poop. 


October 10, 2020

(Daddy strutting his walk in his camo hike shorts)

Daddy: Do I look cute?

Me: Of course.

Daddy: {walking away} I want your Mom to think I look cute...

Gianna: STOP TYRING TO SHOW OFF FOR MOMMY. YOU'RE ALREDY MARRIED TO HER!"


October 12, 2020

[Driving in the car and Briella asks me about college]

Briella: Do I have to go to college, Mommy?

Me: You don't have to go to college, but for most jobs, you'll need to go.

Briella: I want to be a horse riding teacher.

Me: That's a good side job to have, but if you live alone it wouldn't pay the bills. There's always trade school instead of college. 

Gianna: [interjects] What's trade school?

Me: A school that is shorter than college.

Gianna: I'm going to trade school then because college sounds too hard.


October 13, 2020

Micah: "MOMMY! There's a Daddy-Mantis (praying mantis) on Briella's window!"


October 14, 2020

{Micah "doctoring" me}

[repeatedly giving my ear a shot]

Me: You're not supposed to give someone a shot in their ear. You're supposed to give them a shot where there's cushion like their

Micah: injecting my bum cheek (before I could even say it)

Me: like their bottom.


October 16, 2020

[during bedtime prayers]

Micah is saying a usual beautiful, heartfelt prayer saying, "Thank you for my Dad, I love him so much. Thank you for my Mom, she's so beautiful. When she smiles it lights up my heart."

She's the beauty of my heart." 😭😭😍


And before his prayers he said, "I want Mommy to pray first. Her prayers are just the most beautiful." 


October 19, 2020

{Micah runs into the girls' room where they both were:}

Micah: "LISTEN, LISTEN...TRUMPETS OF GOD!' [referring to his farts]


later that night...

{with multiple fragments of clothes all around her and taking off more layers because we just played Flashcard Frenzy and she was hot}

Briella: "Whew, I'm shredding!"


October 21, 2020

Micah was sitting on the couch while Briella was reading to me and him, lifts up his rear to show me a *very* pronounced protrusion from his body (πŸ₯’) and says, “Look, Mommy, I’m growing!” 😱😳 

(Why does he only do this to me and not Jim?!)


November 3, 2020

{we were all sitting at the dinner table talking about the record breaking warm weather that was on the horizon.}

Me: We need to enjoy these nice days while we have them because winter is cold and it lasts a long time. 

Gianna: I talk to God and He told me it was going to get cold in 10 days. 


November 10, 2020

{Gianna comes out of the bathroom}

"I couldn't go poop. I tried and I tried, but it just wouldn't come out."

Me: So you never pooped?

Gianna: Yes, I pooped because I prayed to God and asked Him when it was going to come out and He told me in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 and it was out by the time I counted to 1." 


Volume 1 Book Link

No comments:

Post a Comment