Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Musings with Mini Molnar Volume 4

 (Volume 3 published on December 1, 2023 for a Christmas gift. )

Volume 4: 

November 12, 2023: Somehow Gianna, Micah, and Briella started up a conversation about peeing as a boy versus a girl. Micah's response: (from a boy's anatomical perspective) "No, you pee more. No, really, you really do."

November 19, 2023: Gianna was talking about watching a movie at school and she said, "The boys were over the roof to watch the movie!"

January 21, 2024: Micah: (talking about the Paw Patrol movie to Gianna) “Gianna, her super power is she’s stretchy. She’s a sausage dog.”

January 31, 2024: Gianna to Daniella about the basement: "It's pitch dark down here."

April 3, 2024: Briella: "Mom, do you ever get that full body shiver when you go poop?" 
Daniella: "I've had it happen before." Briella: "I love that feeling. It makes me feel alive."

April 22, 2024: {Driving home from school}
Gianna: Mom, you know how the boy part is called a penis. Well, does the girl part have a name? 
Daniella: Yes, it has a name.
Gianna: I heard the kids saying it has a name. What is it called?
Daniella: Vagina
Gianna: Vadiamond? 
Vadiamond! 
Vadiamond...

April 29, 2024: We were at a restaurant and there was caramelized onions on a hamburger as an option. Micah said, "Mmmm, that sounds good."
Gianna: You don't want that. They put caramel on the onions."
Micah: Ewwww, I don't want that.

May 17, 2024: Briella, Gianna, and Micah were outside kick-launching a bounce ball when Micah's kick launch caused the DOLLAR STORE bounce ball to explode. Rather than laughing hysterically at the moment, Gianna and Briella were acting mean and spiteful. As he and I walked into the garage to the two of them trying to pump up not only the old blown up ball, but a deflated ball, Briella says to Micah:
"Now you know how I feel. This is just like how you felt when you couldn't use the phone anymore."
Daniella: "Hardly! The phone was $350.00 and the broken ball was a dollar."

May 21, 2024: All of us were talking about the end of the school year and baffled about the fact that Gianna is going to be a 5th grader next year. 
Mom: "Gianna are you excited or nervous about being a 5th grader next year."
Gianna: Both, but excited to not have to walk in a straight line anymore. I get to walk in blobs in the hallway next year!"

May 28, 2024: We were all driving together when Jim brought up something that Daniella had said and Micah quickly interjected: "STOP BRINGING MOM TO YOUR DEFENSE!"

May 29, 2024: While Mom, Briella, Gianna, and Micah were all sitting around the table eating, the topic of how all of the stuff from the shed wouldn't fit into Jim's new garage and Gianna had the solution...
Gianna: "He needs to add another layer to his garage."

July 4, 2024:
Briella: Do guys still have eruptions after they grow up?
Daniella: Eruptions? 
Briella: You know…what you told me about (When Briella & Mom went on the Geneva overnight). 
Daniella: [Trying not to laugh, but kinda laughing] Ummm...Erections
Briella: Whatever it’s called. I thought it was eruptions. Wait, what is it called again?
Daniella: Erections

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 (while at Buckeye Lake Barndominium)
Micah (throwing something away in trash): Mom! 
Daniella: Yes?
Micah: vadiamond. 
Daniella: vadiamond? 
Micah: yeah, you know, that thing you have in your body. [with an ornery smirk on his face.]
Daniella: Okay then

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 (while at Buckeye Lake Barndominium)
Jim: I’m glad you think of me with love, but that’s inappropriate. There’s a word for it. What’s the word for it...ugh, I can't think of it?! (looking at Daniella)
Jim & Daniella (almost simultaneously): incest!
Briella: then why is there that praise song “Let incest arise”?
Daniella: (laughing hysterically), it’s, “Let incense arise.” “INCENSE, not incest.”🤣😂

July 23, 2024
Daniella and kids were eating their current favorite honey glazed soy sauce chicken.
Micah: (thoroughly enjoying his chicken). "Mmmm, where does chicken come from? Pig?
Gianna, Briella, and Daniella all smiling and looking at each other
Gianna: It's in the name...a chicken.
Micah: Ohhhhh!!!

July 26, 2024
While swimming at Uncle Nick's condo, Micah comes to me and says:
Micah: "Mom, is Gianna a girl, a lady, or a woman?"
Mom: "She's a young lady."
Micah: Oh, okay!

July 27, 2024
We were watching the Olympics an hour ago…
Gianna: ooooh, oh my, oooooh [crazy giggling]
Jim: I know why you’re giggling 
Daniella: Because of his outfit?
Gianna: He took off his pants and oh my! He’s not wearing anything!
Daniella: Yes, he is. They’re just a leotard, like a girl wears,  except for a man.
Briella: Yeah, sure, just like a woman except with a bag of apples inside his pants.

July 31, 2024
Daniella took the kids to the Victorian Home Museum in Millersburg, along with Hershbergers Farm and Children's Village and Micah was FULL of adorable sayings today.

Random sign on our drive to Millersburg that read: "Holmes County."
Micah: "Look! That sign says Homeless."

Briella said something about 2 million and Micah interrupted and interjected:
"Oh wait, now I remember! The Gravino's need to save up either two hundred... or maybe it's two million dollars for their new dog?"

We saw at least 7 rainbows driving home from our field trip day. Micah exclaimed: "There's another rainbow. There's a pot of gold under that rainbow!"
Briella, Gianna, Mom...(not sure how to break it to him) Ummmm, hmmm, weeell...
Micah: "Yes, there is gold at the end of the rainbow. Mrs. Nenno told me."

Gianna: {while at Berlin Children's Village} Mom, can I take a bush poop?
Daniella: What? Um, there's no such thing as a 'bush poop'.
Gianna: Well, there is now because I'M GOING TO DO IT. I have to poop right now.

(Driving home from Millersburg and watching "God Only Knows" music video by For King & Country.)
Micah (with complete genuine compassion) "What's wrong with that girl? She looks so sad. Is it because she doesn't want to marry the guy?"

August 6, 2024
Daniella and kids were watching Sarah Plain and Tall and the little girl, Anna, was driving the horse and buggy. 
Daniella: "It's so cute how little they were driving wagons back then.
Micah: "Did they need a driving license?"

August 20, 2024
While playing a celebratory first day of school family game of charades, Jim was acting out and Micah was trying to figure out.
Micah: "Tuna!"
Jim (nodding frantically yes)
Micah: "Sandwich"
Jim: (nodding frantically yes and signaling to put the words together)
Micah: "Tuna!" "Tuna Fish"
Jim: Signaling to keep on, keep on
Micah: Tuna...Tuna...Tuna casserole!
Jim: Fervently signaling the motion for sandwich
Micah: Sandwich!
Jim: motioning to put them together
Micah: TUNA FISH
Oh...oh, TUNA SANDWICH!
Jim: I thought I was going to have a heart attack...

August 23, 2024
Micah reading Psalms in his Bible: “Blessed is he who takes refudge (refuge) in him.”


August 25, 2024
Micah: This chair still smells like Ms. Fern. (The girls' piano teacher from a year ago!)
Daniella: Really?
Micah: Yes! Smells like her toosh. 
Daniella: Micah! Haha, really?
Micah: Her Coo-ster. Coo-ster? (questioning it to himself out loud)
Daniella: Coo-ster?! You’re so cute. It’s KEE-ster
Micah: haha, oh yeah, kee-ster. 

September 4, 2024
Daniella to Jim: Remember you said you had a snake for the drain? Well, the vacuum in the basement is clogged up and needs snaked.
Micah: Wait, isn't it a shark, not a snake? A shark vacuum? 

September 7, 2024
Briella [singing loudly]: "Dashing through the snow on a one horsed open sleigh...
Bells on BOBCATS (bobtails) ring"...
(and don't ask me why she was singing a Christmas carol in September!)

September 7, 2024
Gianna: Dad, are you eating the chunky soup or the purified soup? 
(she meant to say pureed soup).

September 21, 2024
While out to dinner to celebrate Briella's early birthday dinner at Pad Thai in Fairlawn, the waiter brought us out fortune cookies at the end of our meal. Micah excitedly exclaimed: "SCONES!"

October 2, 2024
While reading a box title for the ingredients to Dad's birthday banana cream pudding pie that I made him, Micah read Original as "ORGANIC-AL". 

October 10, 2024
While watching an episode of Austin & Ally, Micah said, "Oh yeah, he's totally mouth singing." (instead of lip singing). 

October 21, 2024
Gianna: Hey Mom, I’m all stuffy and my throat feels sore. 
Daniella: Your voice sounds like you have a little cold. 
Gianna: Can I take my temperature?
Daniella: Sure, but you’d know if you were feverish because you’d be cold. 
Gianna: Oh, I know I don’t have a fever. I just want to see how low my temperature is since I have a cold. 

October 23, 2024
Gianna: On that video when we were the Hawaiians, you could see my boobies. 
Jim: you don’t have boobies. 
Gianna: Hey, I have nipple starters! 

November 10, 2024
Gianna: Do you want us to do pounds or i -- b’s? 
Daniella: Pounds. And it’s L -- b’s. 
Gianna: Whatever.
December 2, 2024
(Mommy paraphrasing an excerpt from Luke 1)
Mom: "And John the Baptist went out into the world to..."
*Micah interrupts*
Micah: "To go to college!"
Mom: Ummmm, no, haha!

This completes Volume 4! Volume 4 published for Christmas 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment